Homelessness can often feel lonely and isolating, especially during the holiday season. With the weather becoming colder and the glimpses of families celebrating together in their homes, it can take quite a toll on those in the streets. Each year, we invite the entire community to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas at the Mission and this year is no different. We welcome families to share a special meal together and invite the women and children to stay safe and warm in the shelter, both of which are resources offered 365 days a year.
If you would like to be part of making the holidays special for our homeless neighbors this year, there are a few ways to get involved:
1. Pray for transformation in their lives through Christ
2. Volunteer at the Mission: Call 209-656-1033 or email [email protected]. Click here for more information.
3. Donate monetarily (Click here to give online or mail your donation to 437 S. Broadway Ave. Turlock, CA 95380)
4. Provide resources (see shopping lists below for each holiday)
We will be serving a festive lunch meal to anyone in the community free of charge at noon. Guests will be invited to join us in singing some Christmas songs and making crafts, and each person will be given a filled stocking while supplies last. All ages are welcome!
We will also host a Christmas Store, free of charge, for parents and grandparents to “shop” for the children in their life. All items are free of charge to Turlock Gospel Mission guests while supplies last. This event is located at the Restoration Shelter: 437 S. Broadway Ave. Turlock, CA 95380.
Ways to help:
1. Volunteer: Call the mission at 209-656-1033.
We are looking for individuals to stuff and distribute stockings, serve food, set up and clean up, lead caroling, help with crafts, run the Christmas Store, and more!
2. Provide wrapping paper, bags, tissue paper, and tape. Bring to 437 S. Broadway Ave.