Women’s Shelter Attendant
The shelter attendant will provide guidance, support and encouragement to the women and children staying at the overnight shelter. The Attendant will maintain a structured and supportive environment while watching over guests to ensure a safe and welcoming atmosphere. The position is an overnight shift from 9 pm- 7 am Saturday through Tuesday.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure a quiet and safe environment so guests can sleep comfortably.
- Help guests with any needs throughout the night.
- Enter guest records and notes into the staff log on the computer.
- Interact with guests to listen and offer encouragement.
- Clean and restock restrooms and common areas.
- Sort and organize donations
- Prepare breakfast.
- Help guests wake up, clean up bedding, and prepare for departure.
- Lead guests in devotional and prayer.
- Mature Christian woman actively living their faith through biblical principles
- Non-smoker who does not indulge in other substances; drugs, alcohol, etc.
- Passion for working with a diverse group of people
- Servant’s heart with a proven ability to work well within a team
- Comfortable and confident working with tense interactions to achieve a positive outcome
- Empathetic, yet discerning while working with the homeless and hurting population; seeks to see lives restored through Christ
- Unquestionable integrity and strength of character
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and display good judgment
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation to and from work
- Commitment to honor TGM Statement of Faith
- Completion of application with acceptable background check and drug screen
- Commitment to work non-traditional hours
Knowledge and Skills Needed to Perform Effectively in this Position
- Sensitivity and compassion for the homeless, hurting and lower-income population.
- Understanding of how the Bible applies to real-life challenges and situations and comfortable referencing it when assisting others.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Interviewing/assessment skills complemented by exceptional relationship building skills.
- Flexibility to change.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Manages time efficiently.
- Proven crisis management skills, maintaining a calm professional presence.
- Guest-focused and service oriented. Able to manage personal stress while being exposed to complex personalities, problems and needs.
- Complete respect for the privacy of others. Confidentiality is a must.
- Computer literate; Microsoft proficiency
- Must be able to communicate effectively in public and private settings. Bilingual (English-Spanish) is desirable, but not mandatory
Non CLD Delivery Driver
The Delivery Driver position is an overnight shift operating a Non CLD Box Truck/Cargo van vehicle to pick up and deliver products donated to TGM. Hours are 8pm-4am two to three days a week.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Operate vehicle to pick up and deliver products donated to Turlock Gospel Mission in an efficient and timely manner.
• Maintain records of pickup and delivery transactions—reporting any discrepancies to manager.
• Evaluate the suitability of donated products.
• Communicate information regarding donation volume, quality, changes in route, or unnecessary waiting times to manager.
• Maintain cleanliness of assigned vehicles; ensure pre-trip and post-trip maintenance and safety checklists. Report any issues immediately.
• Maintain and account for all TGM equipment including dollies, totes etc.
• Operate vehicle according to all local, state, and federal regulations.
• Load and unload donations manually
Qualifications and Skills:
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Possess a valid California Driver’s License and clean driving record
• Demonstrate reliability, unquestionable integrity and strength of character.
• Capable of obtaining a food handler’s certificate.
• Ability to perform basic math using a calculator
• Ability to lift at least 50lbs and carry between equipment and vehicle
• Ability to work outdoors in various types of weather conditions
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
• Must be able to preform all duties associated with a physically strenuous and face paced position